API pH Down
pH is the measure of acidic or alkaline conditions of water. A value of 7.0 corresponds to a neutral pH.
pH values about 7.0 are considered alkaline, and pH values below 7.0 are considered acidic. Different fish need different pH levels to be healthy. Check the pH level using a pH Test Kit. pH Down is designed to lower the pH of aquarium water where testing has shown pH to be at an undesirable level. pH Down lowers pH and makes aquarium water more acidic.
pH Down is fast-acting, colorless, easy to use and will not cloud or color the aquarium water.
pH Down is phosphate-free and nitrate-free therefore will not encourage algae growth.
- pH Down is fast-acting, colorless & easy to use.
- For use in freshwater aquariums.
- Will not cloud or color the aquarium water.
- pH Down is phosphate free and nitrate free therefore will not encourage algae growth.
- Add 5 ml for each 190 Ltrs of aquarium water.
- Determine the pH of aquarium water with an API pH Test Kit.
- Add 1 teaspoon (5 ml) for each 190 Ltrs of aquarium water.
- Take another pH reading before adding another dose of pH Down.
- Some fish may be sensitive to pH adjustments greater than 0.2 in a 24 hour period, so changes of this magnitude should be done with extreme care.
- Some water is high in mineral ions, such as carbonate and bicarbonate, which strongly buffers aquarium water and can resist a pH change or cause “pH rebound”. In these situations, repeated dosing may be necessary to lower pH.
API pH Down
Aquarium Solutions Says
We use the API product range in our store daily & can highly recommend them to our customers.
Available Product Sizes
This product can be purchased in the following sizes: 37ml, 118ml & 473ml.
Aquarium Solutions Product Prices
Product Size Our Low Price 37ml Out of Stock 118ml Out of Stock 473ml Out of Stock