API pH Test Kit (250 tests)
Monitors pH levels to maintain healthy freshwater conditions.
Controlling the pH level is imperative to prevent the harmful effects of overly alkaline or acidic aquarium water on fish and plant life. Fish require a specific pH level to thrive. Taking a few minutes each week to maintain and monitor aquarium conditions is the key to a healthy aquarium. However, pH in an aquarium can fluctuate due to fish waste, addition of tap water and the build-up of natural acids. Use this kit to easily and accurately measure the pH level and maintain a healthy freshwater community aquarium.
Each kit contains a bottle of liquid test reagent, 1 laminated, computer-calibrated color card, a glass test tube with snap-tight cap, step by step instructions and information on how to correct unsafe conditions.
- Measures pH levels quickly.
- Reads pH 6.0 - 7.6
- For use in freshwater aquariums.
- Includes all equipment required to perform the test.
- Includes a instruction booklet with computer calibrated color chart.
- Fast, easy, and accurate for precise test results.
- Economical and Conducts 250+ tests.
What should the PH be in a fish tank?
Saltwater fish prefer an alkaline pH of 8.0 or above. Freshwater fish thrive in a range lower than that, somewhere between 5.5 and 7.5, depending on the specific species.